Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn How Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Can Benefit You
Physicians in Orlando offer Bioidentical Hormone Replacement to men and women that are experiencing symptoms and conditions that are rooted in hormonal imbalances and deficiencies. Because hormones control a wide variety of functions, such as reproduction, sexual function, metabolism, setting sleep cycles, concentration, and memory, imbalances can impair one of several of these actions.
Typically, most people encounter hormone imbalances with aging; however, high levels of stress, poor lifestyle factors, lack of exercise, and environmental factors can all cause hormone levels to be less than optimal. When hormones decline, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help restore hormone levels, and men and women in Orlando can obtain expert Bioidentical Hormone Replacement programs that can improve numerous conditions and create maximum benefits. Some of the conditions that can be helped with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement include:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Adrenal Fatigue is usually caused by wearing down the function of the adrenal glands, which can reduce the functioning of the body. Commonly, long-term stress, lack of sleep, excessive protein, and overwork can lead to adrenal fatigue syndrome. People that are under too much stress for an extended period of time often have the highest risk for developing adrenal fatigue because stress forces the body to excrete cortisol, which counteracts the internal inflammation caused from stress. Over time, the body converts sex hormones into more cortisol in order to continue managing the effects of stress, which can further exhaust the adrenals and kidneys. Adrenal Fatigue symptoms may include both mental and physical fatigue, insomnia, craving for salty foods, body aches, headaches, difficulty getting out of bed, nervousness, decreased immunity, and poor concentration.
- Andropause has become more widely recognized and understood as the syndrome that occurs when men experience hormone decline, and this phase is the time in a man’s life when testosterone levels begin to plummet. In men, testosterone levels can begin to decline as early as the 30’s, and the most common time men experience andropause is in the mid to late 40’s or early 50’s. Low levels of testosterone are not as dramatic as female menopause, but the symptoms can still reduce the quality of life. Symptoms of falling testosterone levels can include low libido, insomnia, anger, muscle atrophy, erectile dysfunction, baldness, reduced workout performances, anxiety, high blood pressure, depression, headaches, fatigue, mood swings, and weight gain.
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder that can be aggravated with hormonal imbalances. This disorder typically occurs in women over fifty, and it may occur when essential hormones that reduce pain sensitivity become low. In people with fibromyalgia, common symptoms include widespread body pain, tender points, aches and pains, irritable bowel syndrome, overactive bladder, mental fogginess, and fatigue. Balancing hormones may reduce pain sensitivity and reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is beginning to be thought of as an autoimmune disorder, and symptoms of this condition commonly reflect flu like symptoms. When a person is under high stress for a long time, it over stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which over time can trigger an overactive immune response. High stress also forces the adrenal to excrete cortisol, and eventually, the body begins to convert sex hormones into cortisol in order to meet the body’s demands. Because sex hormones support immune function, low levels can reduce the functioning of the immune system and create both mental and physical fatigue, which is the primary symptom in people with chronic fatigue. People may also experience symptoms such as enlarged lymph nodes, a sore throat, loss of memory or concentration, muscle aches, and exertion that lasts more than a day after activity. Balancing hormones may help to boost immunity and reduce the symptoms of chronic fatigue.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause is an age related phase of hormone decline that occurs in women around three to ten years before menopause, and during this time, a woman’s sex hormones, which include estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, begin to dramatically reduce. Often, the first signs of perimenopause involve changes in the menstrual cycle, and some of the other symptoms that women can experience during this time may include amenorrhea, bloating, low libido, migraines, dysmenorrhea, increased PMS symptoms, water retention, and mood changes.
- Hypothyroidism can also be helped with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement, and this condition occurs when a person does not produce enough thyroid hormone, and this can lead to symptoms that include sudden irregular periods, hair loss, constipation, weight gain, depression, and intolerance to cold. Restoring thyroid hormone with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement can reduce the symptoms of hypothyroidism.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
- Hyperthyroidism occurs when the body produces an excessive amount of thyroid hormone, which can cause symptoms that include a faster heart rate, weight loss, anxiety, increased bowel movements, and intolerance to heat. Because the treatment for hyperthyroidism often involves killing the function of the thyroid gland, the patient often runs into a deficiency of thyroid hormone. Replenishing thyroid hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement can restore health and optimize wellness levels.
An Orlando Bioidentical Hormone Doctor can restore sex hormones and precursor hormones, such as DHEA can help men and women to overcome the effects of adrenal fatigue syndrome and greatly improve a person’s quality of life. An Orlando Bioidentical Hormone Replacment Doctor can help both men and women to overcome the issues associated with hormonal decline. Age, autoimmune, or stress related conditions that are due to hormone imbalances can be improved with specialized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Programs that balance hormones and provide numerous benefits. Orlando Bioidentical Hormone Doctors are dedicated to help patients achieve a better quality of life.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look & feel – for good. Contact an Orlando FL Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and get back to being you.
Find Local Orlando Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You Today